Tasty Tofu Nuggets
Trying to get your kids to eat tofu? They’ll love this easy recipe that is full of flavor and nutrients!
This post contains an affiliate link. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. The link is noted with an asterisk (*).
Try baking these tofu nuggets on MIU non-stick silicone baking liners* to cut down on oil, and reduce the use of disposable foil or parchment.
Ingredients for Hoisin Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, we used Braggs Gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon spicy sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon hoisin sauce (labeled for barbecue stir fry)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pack (16 ounces) of pressed tofu* (pressed tofu has the water drained and is very firm)*
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for pan
- Have the kids choose their favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Together, slice the tofu block horizontally into 1 inch thick rectangles.
- Use the cookie cutters to cut out tofu shapes.
- Mix all ingredients together for the hoisin sauce. Save 1/3 of hoisin sauce for dipping. Use remaining sauce to marinate the tofu for 10 minutes or up to 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil or use a silicone mat to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together, cornmeal, oat flour, cumin, garlic, and paprika.
- Remove tofu from the liquid, allowing excess liquid to drain, and pat into flour mixture on both sides, then place breaded tofu on a baking sheet. You can also bread the tofu scraps left over from the cookie cutters!
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
*If you’re concerned about genetically modified foods, you can purchase non-GMO or organic tofu for these tofu nuggets for kids.