Your privacy is critically important to us. At SuperKids Nutrition, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t share your email when you sign up for our e-newsletter.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask when you make a purchase or sign up for our e-newsletter.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
SuperKids Nutrition helps parents and communities in the United States and around the world become more knowledgeable about nutrition. We work with registered dietitians and nutrition scientists to provide nutrition education and healthy eating tips to help create future healthier generations through good nutrition.
- Use our website (https://www.superkidsnutrition.com); and
- Purchase a product or service (for example, books, appointments or a purchase an affiliate link)
SuperKids Nutrition does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18 unless that child has inputted their name and email to our opt-in. If you believe your child has put this information in, please let us know as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove their information from our records.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to provide you with fun information in our newsletters. We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account if taking a course or making payments for Services.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in drafted and published content. For example, if you write a comment on a blog post that includes personal information, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the comment publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or sign up for a newsletter. For example, for our newsletter, we require individuals to provide their name and email address. It is your choice if you want to be listed as a parent, educator, or other. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, comment box, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications (including any call recordings as permitted by applicable law).
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
SuperKids Nutrition’s website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous data about the actions that users perform on our site – in other words, who did what, when, and to what thing on our site. You can read more about Google Analytic’s data practices here.
External Site Links
SuperKids Nutrition, Inc. may provide links on the Website to other websites, which are not under the control of SuperKids Nutrition Inc. We do not review or monitor any web sites linked to our site and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your use of such web sites is at your own risk. Content and Privacy Policies are the responsibility of their respective owners.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a course or product after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of SuperKids Nutrition and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by SuperKids Nutrition and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on SuperKids Nutrition and our products (which you can unsubscribe from at any time); and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a service; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers used for e-commerce operations, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or another governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SuperKids Nutrition, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our website, and your “Likes” and comments on other websites, are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views! Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. We retain the logs in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to SuperKids Nutrition’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Browser Setting for Cookies: At this time, SuperKids Nutrition does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using SuperKids Nutrition’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of SuperKids Nutrition’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third-Party Software and Services