As a nationally recognized dietitian for over 20 years, Melissa has been featured in national campaigns, print, web, and media work.
Close to 15 years ago, she set out with the goal of creating the first kids’ nutrition website! It has grown into a trusted source and mega-site for parents, schools, health educators, educational institutions, and government organizations. We are the trusted nutrition experts!
Through SuperKids Nutrition, Melissa provides a wide range of services, included but not limited to:
- Speaking Engagements & Events – Melissa is a dynamic and engaging keynote speaker – contact me for a sample of my work
- Webinars and Course Creator with over 20+ years of developing and teaching programs
- Spokesperson & Nutrition Ambassador
- Sponsored Content Hosting
- Product Development
- Sponsored Newsletters
- Social Media Sharing
- Recipe Development, Analysis and Meal Planning
- Co-branded Super Crew Activities, Recipe Handouts, Placemats, Curriculum or Downloadable Guides
- Nutrition Expert Consumer and Product Insights
- TV and Media
- Consumer and Professional Educational Materials
- Health Writing & Featured Articles
- Expert Q & A
- E-Book Creation and Curation
At SuperKids Nutrition, we believe in growing healthy kids, families, and communities by providing trusted nutrition and fitness content to parents nationwide.
Kids and parents alike want tasty foods that are easy to make. That’s where we come in. We provide fun activities, recipes, curriculums, and tools for parents and kids based on the latest science to boost the intake of real, healthy, whole foods! Plus, we’ve got the kid-adored and parent-approved Super Crew.
We like to partner with companies and organizations that share our vision of creating a healthier world with nutritious foods and campaigns. Our site offers engaging content from pregnancy to college-age kids.
Table of Contents
Social and Website Reach
- Over 40K monthly page views
- Over 12.5K followers on Facebook
- Over 140K monthly followers on Pinterest
- Over 2000 followers on Instagram
- Over 1000 followers on Twitter
Testimonials of SuperKids Nutrition & Melissa’s Work
Melissa has a fun energy and is very prepared and focused during her presentations. She encouraged feedback and questions during the meetings which also were addressed added to the fun atmosphere.
My biggest take away was to DRINK MORE WATER! I live in Colorado so you would think that would be a natural but I had slipped into neglect. I now have a glass of water with me at all times, working, driving, walking, working out and it has truly been a game changer for me. Melissa also gave tips on how to make getting hydrated easy and delicious!
There was a LOT packed into the five days, eating the rainbow, meditating, moving your body, breathing, so many easy to add practices and habits into your life. She also gave PRIZES! I won the best prize of a personal nutrition consult because of my response and participation in the homework. Others won copies of her books which are a great reference and resource in our home. Thanks Melissa!
The challenge was on zoom, and Melissa is a very engaging speaker. She has a great balance between lecture, lighthearted and practical info as well as eliciting feedback from the group. Her mindful exercises/homework between sessions really helped engaged my brain, my level of commitment and make the lessons stick.
Melissa is extremely knowledgeable about nutrition. I really liked her practical and highly customized approach. She makes you feel like you can eat anything as long as you are making other healthy choices and doing it all mindfully.
This class was fun and informative and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a deeper level of engagement with nutrition!
Brand Recognition – 1000’s of Sites List Us as an Expert Source
We are listed on over a thousand government, cooperative extension, pediatric clinics, childhood foundations, life science college websites, .edu, and .org websites as a credible source of nutrition content. We are also featured as an excellent resource in county, state, library, and health and wellness program’s toolkits.
Brands We’ve Worked With
We’ve worked with national and internationally recognized brands. Take a look at Featured In.
Educational and Nonprofit Institutions
Melissa has been published in journals, textbooks, periodicals and has written many grants as well as participated in nationally-funded research. Her company has partnered with both for-profit and educational institutions for government-funded grant programs. Melissa also lectures on health writing, teaching students how to accurately and concisely communicate research to the public at Columbia University Teacher’s College graduate program, for close to 10 years.
- Grant-funded partnerships and research
- Curriculum development
- Partner and co-creator of the Healthy Kids Today, Prevent Cancer Tomorrow campaign with American Institute of Cancer research who have raised over 90 million for cancer research (see our campaign on American Institute for Cancer Research)
- Received Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov) funding for the development of childhood nutritional educational materials and interventions with the Super Crew.
- The Super Crew have been positively received with both high and low-income children across cultures in focus groups and are featured in curriculum and books. Research shows that utilizing cartoon characters is an effective way to get kids to select and enjoy healthier foods. We are proud that children and parents across the country love the Super Crew characters!
- Partners with over 5,000 schools in 40 states to provide parent newsletter and menu back activities with the Super Crew
- People.com parent nutrition expert
- Past TEDMED dietitian expert on Childhood Obesity
- Key note speaker on daycare and preschool nutrition
- Multiple National Media Tours, including Green Giant with Alison Sweeney and other nationally placed segments, see recent Hallmark appearance
- Consult regularly on new product launches or reformulation of internationally recognized brand names including age ranges from toddler to college-age
Snapshot of Our Work
Here’s a snapshot of some of our handouts. But, also check out our home page to see all of our amazing content! We are a mega-site, so it may be helpful to see our Tools and Resources, How to Use the Site after scrolling the homepage.
Looking for more than just kids?
- See how Melissa’s blog can extend our partnership to a new audience. When parents visit Melissa’s Healthy Living, they have themselves in mind. This content is specifically for adults wanting to eat healthily, live more fit, and feel their best every day!
- “I found that parents who learn how to prioritize their health and are more active become more invested in their kids’ health and family meals, so I started a nutrition and fitness blog for adults.” -Melissa