These healthy honey-sweetened popsicles are fun to make and eat, especially on the 4th of July!
Add to your festivities with this simple and fun activity! We bought the molds at MiniSo, but you can find cute molds at the 99cents store, Target or kitchen stores. When possible, use honey in place of sugar, as it helps the bees and they support our crops and ultimately the food we eat. By the simple act of buying honey, you’re protecting the bee population, which has decreased in recent years to a combination of pathogens, pesticides, and poor nutrition.
Check out our Tasty Tuesday Kid Video on SuperKids Nutrition Instagram to see how these popsicles are made.
4th of July Fruit Popsicles with Yogurt
- 2-3 tea bags passion fruit or other fruit tea with 2 cups of water strongly brewed
- 1 cup cherries pitted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt*
- Brew tea, let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Pit fresh cherries or use frozen cherries.
- Blend 1 cup of cherries and honey with a ¼ cup of concentrated tea.
- Blend ½ cup of blueberries in the food processor or blender and place in a bowl. Mix in the remaining ½ cup of whole blueberries to the bowl.
- In popsicle mold, place blueberry mixture in bottom, then yogurt, then cherries.
- Freeze for 6 hours, eat and enjoy!
- Pour remaining tea into pitcher, add water, ice, and fresh fruit slices. Serve with popsicles.