Baby Food: Quinoa with Chicken and Vegetables
Making baby food doesn’t have to be difficult! This easy to make baby dish is chalked full of protein and vitamins to help your baby grow strong! Prepared with baby food steamer, blender, and warmer appliance.
- As many broccoli florets that fit in 1 cup
- 1/2 cup curly organic kale (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup red quinoa, dry
- 1/2 cup carrots (diced)
- 1/2 cup uncooked skinless chicken breast (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a pot. Add 1/2-1 cup water – enough to submerge all the quinoa, so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cook on medium-low heat until all veggies, especially kale and carrots are very tender. Just like making soup.
- Using a colander or sieve, drain the mixture over a bowl, catching the water (this will be used to puree the food). If there isn’t any water left, that’s fine. Just add some later on if needed.
- Place all contents from the colander into the Babycook (or food processor, magic bullet, blender) and puree. Add small portions of the water reserved from the pot (or add some extra water if none was remaining) to create the right consistency/texture for your baby. If it ends up too thin, add some baby rice/oatmeal cereal to thicken it.
Divide up, store and enjoy! This will last in the refrigerator for 3 days and in the freezer for 3 months.