Walnut and Panko Crispy Cod Fillets
If you’re looking for a new dish to serve your family, this delicious recipe for crispy cod fillets won’t disappoint!
Making fish taste great with an unbeatable texture doesn’t mean it has to be unhealthy. You can still get that mouth-watering crispy taste loaded with nutrients! The walnuts and panko bread crumbs in these crispy cod fillets will keep the kids (and you!) coming back for more. Serve with whole grains and vegetables for a balanced meal.
This post contains an affiliate link. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. The link is noted with an asterisk (*).
For The Crispy Cod Fillets:
- 3/4 cup California Walnuts, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Lemon wedges
For The Lemon Dill Topping (Stir Together):
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain (or light sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil; coat with olive oil spray.
- Stir together walnuts, breadcrumbs, garlic salt and dill in a shallow dish.
- Beat together eggs and mustard in a second shallow dish. Place flour in a separate shallow dish.
- Roll fish pieces into flour, then egg mixture, then walnut mixture and place on the baking sheet. Use non-stick silicone baking liners* to make cleanup easier!
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and Lemon Dill Topping.
Check out my new cookbook for more delicious fish recipes!
Crispy Cod Fillet Recipe provided by the California Walnut Commission