This creative spin on sushi is a tasty fruit wrap your kids will find delicious, tasty and fun!
When you’re creating healthy kids meals and snacks for your children or even making them together, it’s helpful to focus on the different MyPlate food groups to build a balanced plate!
Fru-shi is a creative, tasty, and fun way to enjoy a cool fruit-filled summer snack. It includes the fruit group, grain group, and dairy group. Kids can mix and match flavors and fruits to their liking. Out of fresh fruit and don’t feel like running to the market? No problem! Fru-shi can be made with frozen or dried fruit as well.
How to Make a Fruit Wrap
Fruit wraps are very easy for the kids to make. They can include any of their favorite fruits! Using whole-grain tortillas can add more nutrients to the meal and keep your kids fuller for longer. A dash of cinnamon can also provide additional health benefits!
Tasty Fruit Wrap for Kids
- 1 large whole-wheat or whole grain tortilla
- 2 tablespoons 2% or low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese room temperature (you can also use flavored Greek Yogurt and skip the cream cheese)
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 1 fresh peach or nectarine chopped
- 1 kiwi sliced thinly
- Sprinkle of cinnamon optional
- First, lay the tortilla flat on a plate or clean countertop.
- Combine the cream cheese and Greek yogurt with a spoon until smooth. Add the cinnamon to the cream cheese/yogurt mixture (if using).
- Spread the cream cheese/yogurt mixture across the tortilla with a spoon.
- Layer the fruit across the tortilla.
- Roll tortilla long ways and slice into “sushi” roll pieces.