If you’re looking for the perfect combo of sweet, savory, and delicious, this baked nectarine recipe is a must-make dessert!
Nectarines are high in antioxidants and beta carotene and also add a fiber boost to your family’s diet. Although this recipe is fantastic to make with store or farm-fresh nectarines, it’s also perfect to use nectarines that need to be consumed immediately, on the verge of over-ripeness. Learn about other benefits of nectarines.
If your kids haven’t tried ricotta, this recipe is a good way to introduce them to this creamy, versatile cheese. When paired with the crunchy texture of a biscuit and sweet taste of the nectarine, you’ll be satisfied with one serving!
Baked Nectarines with Ricotta and Amaretti Cookies
- 2 medium nectarines halved and stoned
- 2 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 1 oz amaretti biscuits crushed (about 4 small cookies)
- 1 tablespoon amaretto extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the nectarines, cut halves facing up, on a baking tray.
- Beat together the ricotta cheese, honey, crushed Amaretti biscuits, and Amaretto extract.
- Spoon the cheese mixture on top of each nectarine halves, pressing down slightly. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake the nectarines for 15 minutes. Serve warm.