Papaya parfait, c’est parfait! A sweet and satisfying snack, breakfast, or dessert, this healthy Greek yogurt parfait is sure to be a favorite.
Greek yogurt contains protein and bacterial cultures (hello natural probiotics!) for optimal digestion and gut-health promoting benefits. This makes it the perfect base for this parfait.
Health Benefits of Papaya
Papaya packs a nutritional punch all on its own. This fruit contains vitamins A and C, which are important for eye health, inflammation, and heart health. (2) Papaya also has a few grams of fiber per serving, which promotes regularity. (2,3)
Building a Yogurt Parfait
Have your child arrange their own cups by choosing which order to layer the ingredients – papaya, honey, then yogurt, and cereal? Or maybe yogurt, honey, cereal, papaya? Play with your papaya, but don’t forget to eat it.
See how this parfait fits into a meal plan for a 5-year-old with Mexican flavors!
Honey Papaya Yogurt Parfait
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt low-fat or fat-free
- ½ cup diced papaya
- ½ cup low-sugar cereal
- 1 tsp honey
- Add a bottom layer of yogurt to your cup with 1/2 of your yogurt.
- Add diced papaya and sprinkles of papaya and a drizzle of honey.
- Layer the other half of your yogurt.
- Top with the remaining papaya, granola, and honey.