Take the worry out of feeding your baby and try these foods first. They’re simple to make and are full of nutrients.
Easy Baby First Foods
- Mashed banana
- Mashed avocado
- Baked and mashed sweet potato, butternut squash, acorn squash
- Steamed and pureed turnip
- Steamed and pureed zucchini
- Steamed and pureed broccoli
- Steamed and pureed carrots
- Steamed and pureed peas
- Blended hard boiled egg
- Peeled, steamed, pureed pears, plums, peaches, nectarines
- Oatmeal with some breast-milk or formula, a little bit of cinnamon, and some mashed banana
- Iron-fortified baby rice cereal
- Food should be pureed to liquid consistency
- When steaming food, don’t let the water touch the fruits/veggies because it leaches vitamins and minerals out of the food and into the water (which is why the water turns green when steaming broccoli!).