These carrot fries are full of flavor and have a crispy texture. They are packed with “fight-o-nutrients” for kids!
Chickpea Dusted Carrot Fries
- 1 lb carrots peeled and chopped into 4 inch sticks, about ½ thick
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried herbs such as thyme or oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk chickpea flour, spices, and nutritional yeast together.
- In a large bowl, toss carrot sticks with olive oil and use your hands or a brush to coat them well.
- Add chickpea herb mixture to the carrots and toss until fully coated.
- Place carrots on a lined baking tray and assemble in 1 even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy and tender.