FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New How-To Cookbook for Fueling Workouts Without Meat
Pasadena, CA, September 20, 2019 – In her new cookbook, created as a companion to The Plant-Based Boost, Nutrition Solutions for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts, Melissa Halas, MA, RDN, CDE shares practical tips and flavorful recipes perfect for omnivores, vegetarians, and vegans looking to boost their athletic performance healthfully. The Plant-Based Boost Cookbook, 100+ Recipes for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts is easily adjustable for specific dietary needs (e.g., gluten-free), performance goals, or physique goals.
The book is available at Barnes and Noble (with free and timely shipping), and online at Amazon (often with delayed shipping), $23.95.
Eating plant-based and supporting muscle growth and recovery through diet does not have to be mutually exclusive. In her cookbook, Melissa Halas offers plant-forward or 100% plant-based meals, snacks, desserts, and tasty add-ons to fuel athletes before and after workouts. Sample recipes include Ranchero Tofu Scramble, Red Lentil Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and Tiger Nut Flour Donuts.
Included in the book:
- Over 100 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert that provide a plant-based boost to your diet
- Dishes that provide diversity in color, allowing you to tap into the benefits of multiple phytochemicals and nutrients
- Ways to cut animal protein by adding in plant-based protein to traditional dishes, like burgers or sloppy joes
- Tasty additions and easy substitutions with the nutrition breakdown for calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, omega-3s, and important vitamins and minerals so you can add or subtract ingredients just to your liking
- Nutrition insights and meal prep tips for inspiration and guidance
- Snacks and meals high in leucine for optimizing muscle mass
- 90 recipes that are naturally gluten-free or have ingredients that can easily be substituted
Melissa’s companion book, The Plant-Based Boost, Nutrition Solutions for Athletes and Exercise Enthusiasts, is available on Amazon, $25.95 (paperback) and $33.95 (hardcover), and Barnes and Noble, $23.36 (paperback) and $33.95 (hardcover).
- Melissa Halas
About the Author:
Melissa Halas, MA, RDN, is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with over 20 years of diverse experience in nutrition education, nutrition counseling, curriculum development, clinical care, clinical trials, media, and writing. She just released 3 new books that target both children and adults. For 18 years she taught functional foods, sports nutrition, and other courses, which developed her love for more than one specialty while offering a rewarding and diverse career in nutrition. Melissa is the current media representative for the California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the parent nutrition expert for the People.com’s online magazine, and a past panel expert on Childhood Obesity for TedMed. When she’s not working, she’s enjoying an active lifestyle which includes her favorite fitness activity, hiking. She provides sports nutrition counseling through Melissa’s Healthy Living, is the founder of SuperKids Nutrition, and currently lives in Pasadena, CA.