Moms On The Go: Check Out These Great Recipes
These recipes were developed for moms on the go. They take such little time you’ll forget you were even in the kitchen.
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mini star pasta, or acini de pepe or whole wheat tri colored pasta to make it fun!
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed peas & carrots
- Boil chicken broth, add pasta & veggies, then lower to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool then serve.
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced into coins
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 low sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (12oz) bag lentils
- Saute carrots & onion in a little olive oil.
- Add lentils, bouillon and cover with water (by approx. 2″).
- Bring to a simmer about 1 hour.
- Serve over cooked pasta -any fun shape.
- Add cooked broccoli on top and lots of grated parmesan cheese.
Yummy Almond or Peanut Vanilla Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup plain oatmeal
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter*
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- about 3/4 cup water
- Put everything together in a small serving bowl, except almond butter.
- After cooking oatmeal in microwave on high about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stir in almond butter until it melts smooth. Adds a delicious almond flavor & adds protein, fiber, plus a good fat for staying power through morning at school!
*Read the American Academy of Pediatrics Consensus Statement on peanut introduction